Office of Elections & Voter Registration
Special Election – Powhatan County
Member School Board - District 4
(for unexpired term to end 12/31/2023)
Voting Early In-Person
- Any registered voter in District 4 may vote early, in person, in the Office of Elections (lower level of the Village Building located at 3910 Old Buckingham Road).
- All voters must provide an acceptable form of ID.
- Early Voting will be offered starting December 30th through February 12th. Details below…
-The office will be open Monday – Friday, December 30th – February 11th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
-The office will be closed on Friday, December 31st in observance of New Year’s Eve.
-The office will be closed on Monday, January 17th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
-The office will be open on Saturday, February 5th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
-The office will be open on Saturday, February 12th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
-Saturday, February 12th is the LAST day to vote in person prior to Election Day.
- If you requested to vote by mail and have since changed your mind; please bring your unmarked mailed ballot & corresponding envelopes with you to surrender in order to vote in-person instead.
Absentee Voting by Mail
- If you have a Virginia issued Driver’s License or State ID, you may complete an absentee application online. Visit vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation. Follow the prompts to apply to vote absentee by mail.
- Call 804-598-5604 to request an application be mailed to you.
Submitting Absentee Application
- Print, complete, and sign a paper application.
- By mail: Powhatan County Office of Elections / 3910 Old Buckingham Rd, Suite E / Powhatan, VA 23139
- By Fax: 804-598-5607
- By scanned attachment - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply
Friday, February 4th is the last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you. You may fax or email the application as an attachment or send it by mail to the election’s office. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on February 4th.
Submitting Absentee Ballot
- There is a secure Ballot Drop Box that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week outside of the Village Building (left side facing the parking lot) located at 3910 Old Buckingham Road.
- The ballot drop box will be available December 30th through Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 7 PM.
- Ballots are collected daily.
- Absentee ballots may also be mailed to the Powhatan County Office of Elections / 3910 Old Buckingham Rd, Suite E / Powhatan, VA 23139 and must be postmarked by February 15, 2022. Please use the privacy envelope and the self-addressed stamped return envelope provided for you.
Vote on Election Day: FEBRUARY 15, 2022
- Local Election: School Board (District 4 Only)
- 401 / Powhatan Courthouse Precinct located at the Powhatan Middle School gymnasium and
- 402 / Mt. Zion Precinct located at Mt. Zion Baptist Church on Ridge Road are the only two polling places that will open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on Election Day.
Important Dates & Deadlines
Begin absentee voting
Thurs. Dec. 30
Mon-Fri • 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Final day to register or update information
Wed. Feb 2
Before 5 p.m. EST
Last day to request a ballot be mailed to you
Fri. Feb 4
Before 5 p.m. EST
Final day to vote early in the Office
Sat. Feb. 12
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tue. Feb 15
6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
The Powhatan County Office of Elections is located in the Village Building, Lower Level
(3910 Old Buckingham Road, Suite E).
Office Hours are 9 AM - 5 PM,
Monday - Friday (closed on holidays)
The office is most easily accessible from the left side door as facing. There is an ADA accessible ramp in the front of the building.
Please contact the Office of Elections for directions or for questions about the upcoming election, absentee voting, and voter registration status at (804) 598-5604 or by e-mailing Karen Alexander (Registrar) at email@example.com or
Kristin Love (Assistant Registrar)at