Human Resources Analyst
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a supportive team of local government professionals in a community with an excellent quality of life? Powhatan County is the Richmond region’s best kept secret for work-life balance while being a short drive from the capital city’s amenities. We are seeking a Human Resources Analyst to join our creative team of local government innovators who can develop effective relationships with line managers and provide a professional HR service to the County. This position is a full time, benefit eligible position with a starting salary of $40,841.
- Compensation: Starting Salary of $40,841
- Hours: Full-time
- Deadline: Position open until filled with preference give to applications received by June 1, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Payroll-Collect, calculate, enter and maintain payroll data.
- Establish and maintain confidential employee records.
- Assists in the recruitment and on-boarding of new employees.
- Assists in organizational development and training.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of human resources and payroll policy and procedure.
- Experience in human resources and payroll within a local government environment, including knowledge of HR management principles, practices and procedures.
- Experience including knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Knowledge of employee benefits administration, including policies and procedures related to employee health insurance, the Virginia Retirement System, and Section 125 (cafeteria) plans.
- Familiarity with payroll policies and procedures, and job-related software programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, including development and training of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to Human Resources.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Human Resources and/or payroll, or any equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and abilities.
- SHRM-CP/SCP and APA FPC/CPP preferred.
- Knowledge of the BAI financial software system for local government (AS 400) preferred.
- Local Government experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
Powhatan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply. Powhatan County is a Drug Free Workplace.
Click HERE for the complete job description.