Planner I/Compliance Inspector
- Department: Community Development
- Compensation: $40,841/annually
- Hours: Full Time
- Deadline: Position open until filled with preference given to applications received by March 17, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Position ObjectivesThe County of Powhatan is accepting applications for a Planner I/Compliance Inspector in the Community Development Department. This is an exempt, full-time, benefit eligible position that reports to the Director of Community Development.
Major duties for this position include:
- Accepts, processes, distributes and reviews site plans and subdivision plans.
- Reviews commercial, industrial and residential building permits for environmental and zoning compliance.
- Performs erosion and sediment control inspections for commercial, residential and industrial properties.
- Inspects sites related to zoning compliance, zoning appeals, conditional use permits and variance requests.
- Investigates zoning complaints and represents the County in court.
- Reviews site plans, Conditional Use Permits, rezoning applications, business license applications and subdivision plans.
- Reviews and circulates temporary event permit applications, and issues permits.
- Serves as back up to the Community Development Technician when needed.
Desirable Training & Experience
Must have knowledge of planning principles and practices; knowledge of conservation land management principles; knowledge of county and department policies and procedures; knowledge of computers and job-related software programs, and skill in reading plans and interpreting technical reports.
Minimum qualifications are knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study (preferably in urban or environment planning or a related field), and one to two years of experience working or interning as a Planner required.
Click HERE to submit a completed County application through the County's website. Hard copies of the application may also be obtained in person at 3834 Old Buckingham Road, Powhatan, VA 23139 or through email at email@example.com.
Click HERE for a complete job description.
Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
Powhatan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply. Powhatan County is a Drug Free Workplace.