- Department: Community Development
- Compensation: $45,027/annually
- Hours: Full Time
- Deadline: Position open until filled with preference given to applications received by March 17, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Position ObjectivesThe County of Powhatan is accepting applications for a Planner II in the Community Development Department. This is an exempt, full-time, benefit eligible position that reports to the Director of Community Development.
Major duties for this position include:
- Assists property owners, developers, engineers, surveyors, and other with questions related to planning, zoning, and related regulations.
- Reviews site plans, Conditional Use Permits, rezoning applications, business license applications and subdivision plans.
- Attends and presents at Planning Commission and Board of Supervisor meetings.
- Advises the Director of Community Development in reviewing development proposals and drafting ordinance amendments.
- Reviews commercial, industrial and residential building permits for environmental and zoning compliance.
- Reviews and approves ESC (Erosion and Sediment Control) plans and land disturbance permit applications.
- Performs erosion and sediment control inspections for commercial, residential and industrial properties.
- Provides support for the work of less-experienced colleagues.
Desirable Training & Experience
Must have knowledge of planning principles and practices; knowledge of conservation land management principles; knowledge of county and department policies and procedures; knowledge of computers and job-related software programs, and skill in reading plans and interpreting technical reports.
Minimum qualification are knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study (preferably in urban or environment planning or a related field), a master’s degree a plus, and two to four years of experience working as a Planner required. CZA or AICP certifications a plus.
Click HERE to Submit completed County application through the County's website. Hard copies of the application may also be obtained in person at 3834 Old Buckingham Road, Powhatan, VA 23139 or through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
Powhatan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply. Powhatan County is a Drug Free Workplace.